Positives with eggs
- I think it is a good addition to my diet
Let's talk eggs
I would like to focus on the positives in this text. There are of course two sides to every coin. And with everything. Over the years the eggs have been up for discussion. Is it healthy? Is it not healthy? Here are some positive things about eggs
- Protein (includes essential amino acids)
- Fat (some of it is essential fat that we need through our diet)
- Low price for the healthy proteins and fats it contains
- Many ways of cooking it (No need to eat it the same way every day)
- Durable At least in Sweden. The eggs will last for a long time after the ”best before date” have passed. If stored in the fridge.
- Vitamins and Minerals (Vitamin E, D, B12, Zink to mention some)
One egg weigh about 55 grams. It contains about 80 calories.
It contains about 7 grams of protein and 5 grams of fat. Basically no carbs. This must be the dream for LCHF enthusiasts?
The egg white contain about 4 grams of protein and no fat.
The yellow part contain all of the fat and 3 grams of protein. Most of the vitamins and minerals are found in the yellow part as well.
Do you prefer boiled or fried eggs? One major positive thing about eggs is the many options you have when deciding how to cook it.